VNSA Speakers Bureau
Visiting Nurse Service and Affiliates health care professionals are available to your club or organization through our free Speakers' Bureau.
A wide range of topics are available. Below are commonly requested topics, but presentations are not limited to this list. Be sure to ask about other topics you may have in mind:
- Myths and Facts About Hospice Care
- Your Future, Your Choice: Talk About It Now! Many of us may have considered what type of health care we would like as we approach the end of life. How can you ensure that your wishes will be followed if you are unable to make your own decisions? This topic covers the importance of establishing a Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care.
- Grief, Loss and Holiday Pain: The grieving process can be especially difficult during special holidays or dates of significance. This program will present tips to help guide you through the holiday season if you are grieving. There will also be tips for family and friends to help them deal with the bereaved persons.
- Managing Medications: The average time a physician spends with a patient is seven minutes. But the number of prescription and non-prescription medications people take is growing. Properly taking your medications can prevent serious adverse effects from occurring. The need to discuss your medications and ask questions is vitally important to one’s own health. This program will review the different aspects of organizing and preparing one’s medications to them safe and effectively.
- Taking Medication Safely
- Decreasing the Costs of Medications
- Becoming Your Own Health Care Advocate
- Caregiving: The Sandwich Generation
- Cold and Flu – Survival Tactics
- Nutrition Basics
- Guide to Healthy Living
- Stress Relief
- Healthy Benefits to Gardening
- Men’s Health Issues
Other Health Topics Available Include:
- Assistive Devices
- Asthma in Seniors
- Back Safety
- Balance & Falls
- Blood Pressure
- Colon Cancer
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Visual Problems
- Eye Infections
- Food Safety
- Foot Pain
- Healthy Sleep
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- How Good Are You at Hand Washing?
- Kitchen & Home Safety
- Preventing Food Borne Illness
- Skin Cancer
- Nerve Pain vs. Muscle Pain
- The Key to Cholesterol
- To Sleep or Not to Sleep
- Urinary Incontinence
- What to Do When You Have the Flu
If you would like to request a Visiting Nurse Service and Affiliates speaker for your organization, call Kelly Ward-Smith, Communications Specialist, at 330-848-6206 or email her at email@example.com.
When requesting a speaker, please try to allow as much time as possible so we can best meet your needs.
A minimum of 10 audience members is required.
Visiting Nurse Service offers continuing education programs for nurses. More information can be found here.